Car donation program benefiting Make-A-Wish® Vermont. They offer a free and easy way to recycle or donate unwanted cars, trucks, motorcycles, SUVs, RVs, or even boats, by turning them into a wish for a local child. We pick-up or tow away cars free of charge, anywhere in Vermont, whether they run or not. Vehicles are either recycled or auctioned off and proceeds benefit Make-A-Wish Vermont.
Visit http://vermont.wheelsforwishes.org/ for information.
Additional information on the Make-A-Wish Vermont website
Cars To Cure Breast Cancer
Accepts donated vehicles and either recycles or auctions them off. Earned proceeds from the sale of the vehicle benefit The Breast Cancer Research Foundation. All donations help to fund breast cancer research so that we can one day see a cure for breast cancer. Visit http://www.carstocurebreastcancer.org/
Car Donations to Veterans
Accepts both working and non-working vehicles to provide assistance to veterans and their families. Visit https://www.veterancardonations.org/
- Contact a nearby permitted salvage yard (bit.ly/VT-SY) to arrange a pickup or to drop off vehicles.
• Salvage yards will often pick up vehicles for free and may offer cash for scrap metal.
• Remove any trash from vehicles and get vehicles ready and accessible for pick up.
• Note that vehicles less than 15 years old need the title to transfer the vehicle to a salvage yard. Vehicles that are 15 years old or older do not need the title to transfer.
- Use a towing service to bring vehicles to a salvage yard. Towing companies may accept the value of the scrap metal as payment for the towing service.
- Reach out to DEC to get help with calling and coordinating the removal of vehicles. Contact DEC Accessible Assistance Specialist, Jackie Peterson, at 802-461-7182 or Jacqueline.Peterson@vermont.gov.
- Donate vehicles, boats, or campers to Good News Garage (bit.ly/GNG-Donation) or Sierra Club Foundation (bit.ly/SCF-Donation) and they will pick up for free. Receive a tax deduction as well. To learn more, call Good News Garage at 877-448-3288 or Sierra Club Foundation at 855-337-4377.
- Register and inspect vehicles.
- Become a permitted Salvage Yard.
• To become a permitted salvage yard, fill out and obtain a Certificate of Approved Location (bit.ly/VT-COAL) from the town where the salvage yard is located. Then, fill out an application (bit.ly/SYP-Permit), submit it to the Vermont Salvage Yard Program (bit.ly/VT-SYP), and pay the annual permit fee.