There are several ways to dispose of dead animals. Bury or compost the animal on your property. For details, contact the State of Vermont Solid Waste Management Program at (802) 241-3888. Take the animal to a rendering company (only for large animals) or a veterinarian. Contact your local game warden (for road-killed animals). Double bag the animal and bring it to a SWAC Transfer Station or to a privately-operated transfer station.

NOTE: Farmers needing to dispose of large quantities of dead animals should contact the Vermont Agency of Natural Resources: (802) 241-3465. Read ANR’s guidance document for dead animal disposal.